Mark has sponsored the acquisition, ownership, and development of nearly 40 properties in the Bay Area. Mark’s main focus has always been locating value-add properties in changing urban neighborhoods and then re-working them into higher-quality buildings with higher incomes, improved tenant profiles, and higher resale values.
Mark has considerable experience in partnership formations and operations, project planning and implementation, asset management and management oversight, landlord-tenant and rent-control issues, risk management, and zoning and building department matters.
Before forming his own commercial brokerage and investment business in 1994, Mark worked in the San Francisco office of Marcus & Millichap, subsequently co-founding Property Resource Group (real estate brokerage) and Quantum Land Company (development)
What You’ll Learn:
- How Mark and his partner, Tony met, and what complimentary skillsets they each brought to the table that has since created an incredibly successful multifamily investment firm
- How Mark was able to get over his fear of investing outside of his local market, but more importantly, the scientific approach they took to supply/demand factors when identifying new markets to invest in.
- How his approach to investing has shifted from shorter term 3-5 year investments, to longer term, wealth focused cash flow plays with the focus of holding in much more of an evergreen manner.
- How they determine the appropriate timing of when to consider the sale of an asset versus recapitalizing and holding for another 10 year term.
- The evolution from only accepting capital from high net worth individuals for their syndications to opening up their offerings to both family offices and institutional investors
- How they utilize organized investor social gatherings to build deep relationships with those who have invested in their deals.
- Who the most important key hires were back when they were entering a major growth mode with their firm and what specific traits those key hires possessed.
- How their firm is navigating rent control in states where they currently own assets. Additionally, how they are assessing the risk of investing in new assets that might be in a rent control market.
- And much, much more…
Marks Website: Click Here
- Check out our company and our investment opportunity by visiting SunriseCapitalInvestors.com
- Self Directed IRA Investment Opportunity – Click HereTo Learn More About How You Can Invest With Us Through Your SDIRA
- Accredited Investors Click Hereto learn more about partnering with me and my team on Mobile Home Park deals!
- Grab a free copy of my latest book “The 21 Biggest Mistakes Investors Make When Purchasing their First Mobile Home Park…and how to avoid them Click Here
- Schedule your free 30 minute "no obligation" call directly with Kevin by clicking this link https://www.timetrade.com/book/KV2D2