Today's Flash Back Friday Episode is from Episode #90, which originally aired on October 12. 2015.
Our guest for this week’s show is Real Estate redevelopment expert, Jay Several. Jay has a very interesting story because his real estate investment career started off as more of a hobby which he dabbled in in his spare time while running his software consulting company.
The exciting part about Jay’s journey is that not only did he start investing full-time just a short 10 years ago, but he started just before the biggest real estate crash in history was about to happen. And if that wasn’t already challenging enough, the projects that he was acquiring weren’t simple deals like stabilized apartment buildings or fully leased NNN shopping center deals. No, he started off by redeveloping vacant buildings and repurposing them for entirely different uses. This, my friends, is not a business for the faint of heart or for the beginner investor. Listen in to hear how Jay makes the magic happen
In this show with Jay you’re going to learn:
- How jay got involved in Real Estate after selling his software consulting firm
- Why he decided to take the path of redeveloping infill properties instead of purchasing already occupied and cash flowing investments.
- How he was able to profit $1 million on his first deal and how he’s been able to duplicate this success over and over again.
- What qualities he looks for when determining whether or not a property makes for a good redevelopment opportunity.
- Why he never gives exclusive listings to commercial brokers.
- The process he takes to proactively seek out tenants to fill his centers before he’s even finished with the project.
- Why he feels that everything you own should be for sale….at the right price.
- The reasons he prefers the retail sector due to its ease of management.
- The $250,000 mistake he made and how he overcame it and became a smarter investor because of it.
- Why he feels that persistence is one of the most important qualities needed in becoming a successful real estate investor.
- And much more
- Accredited Investors, you’re invited to Join the Cashflow Investor Club to learn how you can partner with Kevin Bupp on current and upcoming opportunities to create passive cash flow and build wealth. Join the Club!
- If you’re a high net worth investor with capital to deploy in the next 12 months and you want to build passive income and wealth with a trusted partner, go to InvestWithKB.com for opportunities to invest in real estate projects alongside Kevin and his team.
- Looking for the ultimate guide to passive investing? Grab a copy of my latest book, The Cash Flow Investor at KevinBupp.com.
- Tap into a wealth of free information on Commercial Real Estate Investing by listening to past podcast episodes at KevinBupp.com/Podcast.
- Learn more about Kevin’s investment company and opportunities for Lifetime Cashflow at sunrisecapitalinvestors.com.
Direct download: FBF_461.mp3
-- posted at: 12:01am EST