Our guests for this week’s show is Real Developer and founder of Rooney Properties, Jim Rooney
Rooney Properties is a Wisconsin-based development and management firm, specializing in multifamily, senior housing and student housing projects. Over the last 25 years, the team has been responsible for the development of hundreds of millions worth of projects.
What You’ll Learn:
- How Jim got started initially in the sales side of residential real estate prior to moving into the investment side of the business.
- How to leverage an entry level position with a property management company to get firsthand experience in the operations and management side of whatever asset type you are seeking to own.
- How Jim was able to make it through the 2008 downturn even though he had a significant amount of undeveloped land, which was a major liability.
- The importance of establishing local banking relationships and how these key relationships helped provide funding to Jim’s business during very critical times, more specifically, the great recession.
- What criteria Jim used to determine demand when seeking a new market to development multifamily in. It’s a very simple, yet powerful formula.
- How to properly budget the necessary timeframe during the construction and lease-up phase when developing multifamily
- In-house construction company or outsourcing to a general contractor, which Jim prefers on his new developments and why
- His involvement in the student housing business and senior living and why he’s equally as excited about these assets as he is multifamily.
- And much, much more…
- Check out our company and our investment opportunity by visiting SunriseCapitalInvestors.com
- Self Directed IRA Investment Opportunity – Click Here To Learn More About How You Can Invest With Us Through Your SDIRA
- Accredited Investors Click Here to learn more about partnering with me and my team on Mobile Home Park deals!
- Grab a free copy of my latest book “The 21 Biggest Mistakes Investors Make When Purchasing their First Mobile Home Park…and how to avoid them Click Here
- Schedule your free 30 minute "no obligation" call directly with Kevin by clicking this link https://www.timetrade.com/book/KV2D2